Since the existing government has entered into power, a lot of schemes have been launched to benefit those who are not able to afford basic needs to lead a healthy living. Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana is one of the most popular schemes from the Ministry of Petroleum and Gas which is designed to benefit the families who fall below poverty line by providing clean and safe cooking fuel. In this post, we will talk about this scheme in detail.
Objectives of Prandhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) Scheme
The Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) is aimed to offer clean fuel to women who fall below poverty line who usually use unsafe cooking fuels which do more harm than good and replace it with LPG. With this Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana scheme, the government of India is planning to provide around 5 Crore LPG connections to women who belong to BPL families. Here are some of the objectives of this scheme –
- Empowering and protecting the health of women
- Dealing with health issues by using fossil fuels and other cooking fuels
- Preventing casualties which take place due to unsafe fuels that are used for cooking
- Curbing respiratory problems which take place because of indoor pollution by using fossil fuel which are very unsafe to burn
- Avoiding the degradation of purity of environment which is compromised by using unclean fuel
How to Apply for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana?
The procedure to apply for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana is very simple. People will just have to meet eligibility criteria and offer all the mandatory documents
- People will need to fill the form available at all gas agencies across the nation and online at the official website of PM Ujjwala Yojana.
- This form will have to be filled completely with details, including Name, Age, Aadhar number and Bank Account details.
- Required documents should be attached to the application form
- You will need to mention type of cylinder which is required on the basis of their needs.
- This application form should be duly filled and submitted with documents to the nearest gas agency.
Online Application Form
Candidates who are interested to apply in this scheme have to fill the application form of 2 pages and attach the documents required with it. You have to fill the basic details like Name, Contact details, Aadhar number, Bank account/Jan Dhan account number etc. in the application form. The applicants also have to mention the type of cylinder they need, i.e. 14.2 kg or 5 kg. You can also download the KYC application forms for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana online and submit the same to the closest gas agency with documents required.
To ensure your eligibility to avail the benefits of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana, you need to meet the given criteria
- Applicant should be a woman above 18 years of age and an Indian citizen
- Applicant should belong to Below Poverty Line (BPL) household
- No one in the household of an applicant should have LPG connection
- The monthly household income of the family shouldn’t exceed a specific limit defined by the State Government and government of Union Territories.
- Name of applicant should be listed under SECC-2011 and match with the details available in BPL database held by the Oil Marketing companies.
- Applicant shouldn’t have other schemes offered by government.
Documents needed for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
Here are the documents required for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
- A BPL certificate authorized by Panchayat Pradhan or Municipality Chairman
- Identity Proof (Aadhar Card/Voter ID) with photo
- BPL Ration Card
- A recent passport size photograph
- Electricity/Water bill
- Driving license (if any)
- Copy of passport (if any)
- Lease agreement
- Ration Card
- Flat allotment or possession letter
- Self declaration attested by Gazetted officer
- LIC Policy
- House registration documents
- Bank statement
Note – You must submit the first for documents. Other documents are optional.
Recent Events related to PMUY Scheme
PM Modi has discussed with PMUY beneficiaries over video conferencing on May 28, 2018. A lot of topics related to this scheme were discussed in a conference between the beneficiaries and PM. He also spoke how PMUV scheme has been beneficial to the underprivileged, the tribal communities and Dalits. He also talked how women of BPL households have been empowered by this scheme. This scheme also prevents health problems related to cooking food on firewood that are faced by the families.
Modi has also informed about LPG Panchayats to the beneficiaries that are all set to be held across the nation. Important information regarding the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana scheme and safety tips on using LPG safely are provided to the people in these LPG Panchayats which are being held at the most farther rural areas. When it comes to the benefits of this scheme, PM Modi added that food can be cooked faster than earlier with which they can spend more time with family. Pradhan Mantri has ended the session of video conferencing by saying PMUY has helped people in different ways.
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana – Funding and Budget
Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas has launched Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana scheme. The budget of around Rs. 2000 Cr. has been allotted by the government for FY 2016 to 2017. The government had planned to provide these LPG connections to over 1.5 Crore families below poverty line. This scheme will be implemented within 3 years and total of Rs. 8000 Cr. has been allotted for the same. Money which has been saved with “Give-it-up” subsidy campaign will be used for it. Eligible household will get up to Rs. 1600 worth of support and will be named on female head of the whole household. Loan facilities are also available.
Check Your Name in BPL List under Ujjwala Yojana
The list of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) scheme will be threshold from database under SECC-2011. You can find out if your name exists in the BPL candidates list by checking it in SECC-2011 database. You can download the state wise SECC-2011 list to check your name in Ujjwala Yojana list in BPL.
The Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana scheme has been planned to provide LPG connections to over 5 Crore BPL households so far. This scheme has been launched in seven states detailed below –
- Uttar Pradesh – May 1, 2016
- Gujarat – May 15, 2016
- Rajasthan – May 15, 2016
- Odisha – June 20, 2016
- Uttarakhand – June 9, 2016
- Madhya Pradesh – July 4, 2016
- Bihar – June 28, 2016
The above states had been selected as per majority. Government will also select other states under BPL after considering the progress in above states. Here are the steps to check your name in Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana list
- First of all, click this link http://126.96.36.199/netnrega/secc_list.aspx to download SECC-2011
- You can check the list of states and select the state where you live.
- Then select from the list of districts in your state where you can get SECC data in different columns for urban and rural areas.
- Select your district in this list and click on Uploaded Date in the same row to download the list in ZIP file.
- Once downloaded, you can extract the ZIP file and open folders of villages/towns you belong to and open the .xlsx file.
- Once you have opened the Excel file, press Ctrl+F to find and type your name to search.
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana – FAQs
Are the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana guidelines notified by the Ministry of Petroleum?
Yes, the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas has notified the guidelines of PMUY Scheme.
How can I check my eligibility to apply for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana scheme?
The SECC-2011 data has been published for selecting or identifying the beneficiaries of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana. You will be eligible to apply if you find your name in the data after searching.
Am I allowed as PMUY beneficiary to buy LPG stove from the market and still avail the benefits under Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana?
Yes, you can buy LPG stove from the market and you can still avail the benefits under Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana if you buy ISI marked stove.
Will I need to pay for DGCC, Suraksha LPG Hose, and installation?
The government of India will pay total Rs. 1600 per connection to the respective Oil and Gas Company.
In return, these companies will reimburse the cost of DGCC Book, Suraksha LPG pipe, administration, and installation at only Rs. 200 to the distributor per week.
My mother had applied for the PMUY scheme. She is not alive but her name still exists as an application on the application. Can her granddaughter or I claim the benefits with Ujjwala connection?
Yes, you both are eligible to get the benefits on behalf of the deceased applicant if you fulfill the certain conditions.